Brightline Modifies Train Schedule Due to Coronavirus Update
MIAMI, Fl. (March 18, 2020) - Due to the global health crisis, Brightline will begin operating a modified schedule and close in-station food outlets beginning Wednesday, March 18. The revised schedule will continue to offer hourly service during rush hour and maintain commuter hours Monday - Friday. In total, Brightline will offer 18 weekday trains and 14 weekend trains.
We encourage Brightline guests to take proactive steps while using Brightline and other forms of public transit by regularly checking official social media channels and websites for up-to-date scheduling information. Guests can also log onto the Brightline app for mobile pass options and online payment in place of physical transactions.
Brightline continues to prioritize the safety and well-being of our teammates and guests and have taken a number of proactive measures including:
- Increasing the frequency in which we disinfect private and public spaces
- Using fully disposable cleaning supplies
- Introducing additional hand sanitizers at all stations
- Removing menus, magazines and other printed materials from seats.
- Allowing open seating within your ticket class for comfort and social distancing
- Placing signs and information in all employee work stations
Brightline Schedule Changes beginning, Wednesday, March 18:
- Weekday morning service:
- Southbound from West Palm Beach at 6:40 a.m., 7:40 a.m., 8:40 a.m., 9:40 a.m and 11:40 a.m.
- Afternoon southbound service from West Palm Beach at 2:40 p.m., 3:40 p.m., 4:40 p.m. with final daily southbound train at 6:40 p.m.
- Northbound service from Virgin MiamiCentral beginning at 6:50 a.m., 8:10 a.m., 9:50 a.m., 10:50 a.m. and 11:50 a.m.
- Northbound service at 1:50 p.m., 4:50 p.m., 5:50 p.m., with the last train at 6:50 p.m.
- Weekend service:
- Southbound from West Palm Beach will begin at 7:40 a.m., 9:40 a.m. and 11:40 a.m. and 1:40 p.m. 3:40 p.m. 5:40 p.m and 7:40 p.m.
- Northbound from Virgin MiamiCentral will begin at 9:50 a.m., 11:50 a.m., 1:50 p.m., 3:50 p.m., 5:50 p.m., 7:50 p.m. and 9:50 p.m.
Brightline Station Updates beginning Wednesday, March 18:
- All Central Fare restaurants will close until further notice.
- Joe & The Juice and CAO Bakery & Cafe at Virgin MiamiCentral will remain open through Friday with take-out only during limited hours.
- Good to Go and Somme Wine kiosks at all Brightline stations will close until further notice.
- Stations will open 40 minutes prior to the first train departure and close 40 minutes following the last train arrival.
Brightline is the first privately funded passenger rail system in America in over a century. Brightline is designed to reinvent travel and take cars off the road by connecting city pairs and congested corridors that are too close to fly and too long to drive. Providing fast, efficient, hospitality-driven transportation featuring the latest in customer-friendly amenities, Brightline currently operates in Florida between Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, with plans to expand to Orlando, Boca Raton, Aventura and PortMiami. The company is also on track to break ground between Las Vegas and Southern California in 2020.